Because of adalah preposisi – itu diikuti oleh ILMU PELET BIRAHI klausa nomina / kata benda atau kata ganti.
- I am here because of the job offer.
Because adalah kata sambung- itu diikuti oleh subjek dan kata kerja.
- I came here because this is a good school.
1. I went to sleep because I was tired.
2. I had to go early to the office because of the meeting.
3. Maria left the party because she was feeling sick.
4. Carlos couldn't play because ofhis injury ( lesion ).
5. I didn't pass the test because I didn't study.
6. I feel so sad because of his death.
7. He was angry because his car has stolen.
8. He was angry because of car has stolen windscree.
9. I am here because of the job offer.
10. I came here because this is a good school.
Noun clause adalah klausa yang berfungsi sebagai nomina. Karena fungsinya sebagai nomina, maka noun clause dapat menduduki posisi-posisi berikut :
1. Subjek kalimat (subject of a sentence)
2. Objek verba transitif (object of a transitive verb)
3. Objek preposisi (object of a preposition)
4. Pelengkap (complement)
5. Pemberi keterangan tambahan (noun in apposition)
Untuk lebih jelasnya, perhatikanlah contoh-contoh di bawah ini!
1. What the salesman has said is untrue.
2. That the world is round is a fact.
1. What you said doesn’t convince me at all.
2. How he becomes so rich makes people curious.
3. Please listen to what your teacher is saying.
4. Be careful of what you’re doing.
5. That is what you need.
6. This is what I want.
7. The good news is that the culprit has been put into the jail.
8. The idea that people can live without oxygen is unreasonable.
9. The fact that Rudi always comes latedoesn’t surprise me.
1 10. He said that his son would study in Australia.
Not only – But also
Not only - but alsoyang bermakna ‘tidak hanya…tapi juga’
· Not only my sister but also my brother is in Makassar.
· Not only my sister but also my brothers are in Makassar.
Ketika ada dua subjek yang dihubungkan oleh not only…but also, either…or, or neither…nor’ maka subject yang lebih dekat dengan kata kerja yang akan menentukan apakah kata kerjanya berbentuk tunggal atau jamak.
1. Lily eats not only string beansbut also broccoli.
2. She speaks not only English, but also French.
3. He visited not onlyFrance but also Germany.
4. He’s not only clever but alsokind
5. She is not only a good wife, but also a good mother.
6. The place was not only good, but also safe.
7. They not only need food, but also shelter.
8. She was not only sad, but also angry.
9. She not only plays the piano, but alsothe violin.
10. She plays not only the piano, but also the violin.
Dapatkan Sample GRATIS Produk sponsor di bawah ini, KLIK dan lihat caranya